antidot design studio:
20 years of continuous creative presence
1998-2002: Industrial design / early digital media
It all started in 1998, in East London - long before it was cool. A studio was set up on Brick Lane and much interesting work was produced. Among others, we collaborated with Habitat, DKNY, Sony, Fitch Design, Ministry of Sound and Less Rain.
2003-2008: Advertising / digital media
The studio was relocated in Athens, Greece in 2002, in anticipation of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games. Rightly so, we were involved in a multitude of design projects for the Athens Olympic Organizing Committee - and then went on to tackle the Greek market. Collaborations included Leo Burnett and Arc International, and clients included Samsung, Diageo, Procter&Gamble, Warner Music, Wella.
2009-2015: Culture / maturing digital media
This period saw a shift towards the Culture sector. A more multidisciplinary approach produced works in Theatre, Museums and Cultural organisations, including the Greek National Opera, New Acropolis Museum, Onassis Foundations, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, MCF Foundation, the British Council and multiple Greek Government Cultural Institutions.
2016-2017: Design Research
The studio went on a hiatus, as C. Brellis was involved in the strategy, creation and operation of a Design Research department, as part of the global HQ of Société BIC - applying design thinking processes and creative thinking in a large organisation.
2018-to date: Design thinking / Product Design
Accumulated experience leads us into consulting for innovation and design management, as well heavy involvement with Augmented Reality and digital product design.
Christopher Brellis is a designer with over 20 years of experience. He first set up the studio in 1998 and is still the Creative Director and CEO.
Educated in Design at the Royal College of Art, he has worked in a multitude of mediums, environments and has collaborated with clients in the UK, USA, Germany, Greece, United Arab Emirates, Russia and many more.
Interested in creative, innovative and data-driven design methodologies (in product and communication design), so as to streamline design solutions. Knowledgeable in applying and deploying methodologies for efficient problem-solving of design challenges (physical, digital, AR/VR). Understanding of Marketing methodologies and involved in Go-to-Market strategies. Deep understanding of the aesthetic and social context surrounding the design and production of physical/cultural/digital products, as well as the corporate reality and the business issues at stake.
- Greek Innovation Forum Conference on design innovation at Athens Hilton, speaker 21 December 2014
- The Future is here Workshop at Benaki Museum, focusing on the management, promotion and strategy of cultural institutions and museums 6 December 2014
- Meeting on Industrial design Meeting at Onassis Cultural Centre, discussing contemporary design issues 9 December 2011
- Green Design Festival 2010 We are curating and designing the Industrial Design exhibition for Green Design Festival in Athens 23 September 2010
- Greek Graphic Design Awards (EBGE) Participation of C. Brellis (as president) of the Greek Graphic Design Awards April 2010
- New Acropolis Museum Inauguration ceremony 16-25 June 2009
- Greek Graphic Design Awards (EBGE) Merits for the logotype of Alpha Omega and for the programme for Dimitris Papaioannou's Medea(2) April 2009
- Panorama Design 2008 Presentation of the industrial design event by Chistopher Brellis December 2008
- Pallas Theater ΑΩ (Alpha Omeaga) Live Cinema Performance April 2008
- Panorama Design 2007 Presentation of project "ΑΩ" December 2007
- Greek Graphic Design Awards (EBGE) Finalists with work for Factory Outlet Airport April 2007
- ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games Markopoulo Olympic Equestrian venue 22-27 August 2004
- Designer's Block Bishopsgate Goodsyard, London 23-26 September 1999
- ICFF International Contemporary Furniture Fair, New York 15-18 May 1999
- Hurricane Institute of Contemporary Arts, The Mall Spring 1999
- Salone del Mobile Milano 13-18 Apr 1999
- Ambiente Frankfurt 19-23 February 1999
- Intl. Biennale Design '98 St.-Etienne, France 07-15 November 1998
- Designer's Block Old Truman's Brewery, London 21-27 September 1998
- Royal College of Art Degree Show, Kensington July 1998
- KCUA Kyoto Japan December 1997
- New Designers Business Design Centre, Islington July 1996